Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ran over by a car, no really.

I know I said that I would be posting more frequently here on my quasi new blog but I ran into a small problem. Actually a large problem ran into me.

I was out for a normal mid day cruise on my Kawasaki Ninja when BAM! I was hit by a car. I know everyone hates bikers but even bike haters have to admit that I am fairly luckey to be alive and understand that it was not my fault. What were you doing this time you ask? Well I was stopped at a RED red light and got WHACKED by soome person that was not paying attention to the road. I was sitting at the light looking all arround because thats what one does when they are stopped at a red light and well I saw a car closeing in on me way too fast. From the time I noticed the car and the time it hit me couldnt have been more than .5 seconds. Like I said I was at RED light and my only option was to takle off as fast as possible as to keep the car behind me from rearending me, but I could not do that because I would have then been hit by a car moveing much faster and most likely would have been killed. So anyways I am rambling. To make a short story even shorter I got hit by the car that was behind me (estimated to be going 30-40mph by police report and eye whitneses). Then the next thing I remember was wakeing up in the back of an Ambulance as I was KOed on impact. I had been hit and couldnt have done a think about it. I wasnt being crazy on my bike or speeding or doing anything wrong at all yet I wound up in the hospitol.

Amazingly I was only scraped up on my right hand, arm, shoulder, and leg. I also mannaged to tear some cartlidge in the left side of my rib cage and have a "bone" bruise on my right femur(thigh). No breaks, none.

The ER told me that they expected to get a mangled pool of blood based on the hundreds of 911 calls that the local station recieved...I was on campus when it happened, so alot of people saw it happen and called 911.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.....anyways I am healing now and can type again because my fingers arent feeling too bad. I also just spoke with the persons insurance company today.....they plan to cover every bill and then some....they damn well better or I will sue their asses for much more. Here is a pic of my helmit, I know it doesnt even look beat up, but it is, trust me, the visor is broken and there are road scrapes all over it.....I wish the pic would show them. I also wish the bike...or whats left of it was still here so I could show it also, but its gone sadly. Apparently I am unbreakable.

Look for more updates to come now that I can type again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robyn said...

That's amazing. I can't believe you didn't break a bone!!

I'll bet you feel like crap though.

That insurance company better pay you and right quick.

Glad to hear you are still among the living!

4:03 PM  
Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

Yea I still feel like crap but I did get a vikadin prescription...so it helps. Yea the insurance company seems to be kissing my ass as much as possible.....they know they owe me big time.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jerk Of All Trades 2.0 said...

I'm glad you're ok man!

I'm glad you're a smart guy too.
Always wear a helmet, they save lives.

6:06 PM  
Blogger THEMARSHAL said...

That they do J, that they do. I am the living embodyment of what a good helmit can do for ya.

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home