Sunday, January 08, 2006

Day 3 of the poker table project. It is comming along nicely and I am enjoying watching it come together. I think I am going to drop the idea of a padded rail allong the outside of the finished wood and just get some sort of smooth edging to go arround it. I also plan to put on a high gloss clear coat or two or three on the wooden ring part. Mostly to make it waterproof but also to simply make it look better. Have any ideas of what can use to make the outer border/edge?

2 Comments:

Blogger KOM said...

Looks good. You're making that for me, right?

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok I am working on getting al of the edges smoothed out evenly now and then stenciling on a royal flush. Oh yea I decided to go with just smoothing out the top and bottom board and staining them to match and then covering it all in a high gloss enamal, yea. So all I have to do it rent a belt sander and get all those rough edges smoothed out for now. Oh and KOM, Id gladly make youo ne but being that it is huge even sand legs It would cost a shit load to mail. It ya want to make a trip down to the Atlanta area some time with a truck though let me know. Noe that I kinda know what Im doing I should be able to whip up one much better than the mone I made for myself in a week or so no problem.

Marshal

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home